One of my favorite things about blogging has been discovering some of the amazing blogs that exist for women in their 40’s, 50’s and beyond.
Thanks to COVID-19 we’re all spending a lot of time at home right now, and I don’t know about you but at this point, I have binge-watched so. much. Netflix. over the last several weeks that I’ve run out of shows to watch. Or maybe I’ve just gotten sick of watching TV…
Anyway, whatever my issue is, I’ve been entertaining myself by finding new blogs to read and reading lots of books. (Hooray for e-books!) So, since I’m sure I’m not the only person looking for new content to
enjoy devour, I thought I’d share a few of my current favorite blogs for women over 40.
These midlife blogs are informative, entertaining, and/or inspiring (often all at once). A few of them routinely make me laugh so hard that I have tears streaming down my cheeks. Best of all though, these women help me remember that I’m not the only one going through or feeling whatever is on my mind at the time. I’m thankful to have stumbled across them and I think you’ll enjoy them too.
Blogs For Women Over 40
1. Cresting The Hill: I found Leanne’s blog about a year ago and I love her posts about the transition to having an empty nest and then life after the kids are out of the house. They’ve been especially helpful as I’ve been figuring out how to adjust to my own emptying nest. Check out Parenting Lesson #8~Learn To Let Go and Finding Ways To Love Your Empty Nest.
2. Midlife Melody: For me, reading Della’s blog is a lot like sitting down with a cup of coffee and having a good chat with a friend that just gets it. Her content is warm, friendly, and helpful. Check out Plan Your (Mid)Life When The World Is Out Of Control and Midlife And The Mission Of Letting-Go.
3. Rubber Shoes In Hell: Ok so this isn’t necessarily a “midlife blog” but I had to include it. Michelle shares seriously funny anecdotes and observations about life and her posts routinely make my day. I bet she’ll have you laughing too! Check out Magnetic Eyelashes: When Is It Time To Let Go? Also, Michelle’s post on heyperry.com about insomnia in perimenopause and the random bullshit that pops in your head when you’re trying (and failing) to sleep is pure gold!
4. Midlife-A-Go-Go: Valerie Albarda reminds me of that friend you know you can trust to tell you what you need to hear without any sugar-coating and I love that about her content. Her blog posts are often the perfect blend of #realtalk and here’s what you need to do, now I’m going to go stand right over here and cheer you on. You got this. Check out Stop Saying “I Can’t” and Start Saying “I Can”.
5. Midlife Pursuits: I discovered Lisa’s blog a few months ago and quickly found myself nodding along with several of her posts. Her content is informative and helpful and she addresses things I know a lot of us struggle with. Her post on anxiety and perfectionism really hit home for me. I’m looking forward to reading more of Lisa’s posts in the future.
6. Midlife Smarts: Jill is one of my favorites. She is so. damn. funny. Her posts about life during the time of COVID-19 are hilarious and I get super excited every time I see she has a new post up. Do yourself a favor and go check out 6 Looks For Lockdown and The 5 Stages Of Lockdown.
These are just a few of the blogs for women over 40 that I’m enjoying right now. I know there are a lot of midlife blogs out there that I haven’t had the pleasure of coming across yet so I’d love to hear about your favorites. Or, if you have a midlife blog of your own feel free to share it in the comments. I’d love to check it out!
Feeling overwhelmed and stuck?
I know how it feels and it really sucks. The good news is that I’ve finally figured out how to get unstuck so I’ve put together a free printable list of tips that’ll help you start moving forward too!